Sample Custodian Assistant
Lambda Therapeutic Research Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Developing, executing, and maintaining a highly organized, structured, and controlled system for sample storage.
- Ensuring the Freezer room is clean and organized.
- Receive samples from Lambda and outside clinic sites. Follow up to track shipments that are not received when expected.
- Inspect and reconcile samples upon receipt. Resolve any discrepancies between shipment records and physical sample inspection.
- Log samples into sample inventory database and store sample under appropriate conditions according to protocol requirements.
- Retrieves and returns study samples/calibrators/quality controls from appropriate freezers.
- Maintain freezer inventory records.
- Generate and process Sample Disposition Requests to obtain instructions from client regarding sample disposition after contract storage time has elapsed.
- Arrange for shipment or destruction of samples upon instruction from client.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation to ensure a complete history for all samples from receipt to final disposition.
- Responsible for recording raw data promptly and accurately in compliance with the Principles of Good Laboratory Practice and are responsible for the quality of the data.
- Documents and communicates any deviations from the instructions (i.e. study plan) directly to the Analysis Group Supervisor and/or if appropriate, the Principal Investigator.
- Ensure the study plan is followed whenever applicable.
- Distributing, and maintaining the databases for RSM and LC columns.
- Assisting lab staff as required.
- Assisting other members of the calibration and validation group in performing various tasks.
- Maintain training binder, documenting training entries promptly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities regarding the conduct of GLP and Non-GLP studies
In addition to General Responsibilities, the following are additional responsibilities in regard to the conduct of GLP and Non-GLP studies:
- Document and communicates any deviations to instructions directly to the Principal Investigator (for GLP studies) or Study Director (for Non-GLP studies).
- Record raw data promptly and accurately and in compliance with the OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practice.
- Work in a safe manner, complying with all relevant safety procedures.
- Exercise health precautions to minimize risk and to ensure the integrity of the study.
- Communicate to the Laboratory Management any relevant known health or medical condition so he/she can be excluded from operations that may affect the study.
- Has completed a Bachelor of Science or college program in analytical chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences with chemistry laboratory course exposure.
- General knowledge of laboratory procedures and activities.
- Knowledge in the principles of Good Laboratory Practices as per OECD Series.
- Word processing is essential.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communications.
- Must be flexible and effective in completion of tasks.