Responsible for carrying out study related tasks. Also responsible for performing technical as well as non-technical duties as training allows. Accurate, organized and timely completion of task in accordance with study protocols, directives, SOPs, GCP and other applicable regulatory requirement is necessary in this position.
- Responsible for carrying out pre- study and study related task at a high level of consistency and accuracy in the allotted time.
- Catheter insertion
- Blood collection and processing
- Urine and fecal collection and processing
- Laboratory testing (e.g. drug screens, pregnancy testing)
- Glucose Monitoring
- Fluid and meal distribution and supervision
- Drug Administration, mouth checking
- Check-in, check-out
- Bag search
- Post study medicals
- Volunteer supervision during the restriction periods and non-restriction periods
- Equipment maintenance
- Bundling and Shipping
- General housekeeping (e.g. Making beds, clinic set up)
- Ensure neat, accurate and timely documentation of all study activities.
- Participate in training as required, maintain training records and read all applicable SOPs in a timely manner with appropriate documentation completed.
- Participate lead or collaborate on projects as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent will possess a Medical Laboratory Assistant Phlebotomy Certificate. OSMT Certification and Basic Knowledge of GCP is an asset.
- Good reading and writing skills and a strong command of the English language required.
- Ability to interact with colleagues and volunteers on a professional level.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong team player
- Ability to organize and accommodate for time-constraints in a busy environment and with a focus on multiple projects.
- Quality is integral to clinical operations. As such it is imperative that all aspects of the job are conducted with accuracy to ensure study integrity and volunteer safety.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must also be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Some light to moderate physical work is required.
- 1 – 2 years vein-puncture is an asset. Must have minimum co-op placement completed.
- 1 – 2 years previous experience in CRO/pharmaceutical industry is an asset.